Welcome to the home page of the South York Multi Academy Trust. This unique Trust stems from over twenty years of collaborative working and partnership between the current Trust members and the schools set to join the Trust. Our work is characterised by a commitment to inclusion and to maximising the potential for all children, young people and families in our communities, knowing that the collective strength and effectiveness of our Trust will improve the opportunities and standards for all within our schools.
The South York Multi Academy Trust is rooted in trust and respect where the ethos and distinctive identity of all our schools is celebrated, respected and actively promoted. This is reflected in the nature of our membership where Church of England and Community schools work alongside more specialist provision and where we encompass primary, secondary, and junior schools and specialist provision across the 5-18 age range.
- Fulford School is the founder member of the Trust.
- Dunnington Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School joined on 1/3/18.
- Wheldrake with Thorganby Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School joined on 1/7/18.
- Archbishop of York’s Church of England Voluntary Controlled Junior School joined on 1/11/18.
The following schools are due to join the Trust in the near future:
- Danesgate Community
- Elvington Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Escrick Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Lord Deramore’s Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Naburn Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- St Oswald’s Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Our governance is based upon delegating authority to the lowest appropriate level in the belief that local knowledge and local control is the best way to engage and empower our schools to meet the needs of their students and their community. Our Trust is committed to work to improve outcomes, to secure best value and to ensure that we provide the best possible support and opportunities for all children, young people and their families in our communities.
Our website gives further information on the people in our Trust, our governance arrangements and the policies that underpin the work of our MAT. If you wish more information on our Trust or if you are interested in becoming a potential Trust member then please contact us. We would be delighted to hear from you.